​​Allatoona Quilters' Guild


Allatoona Quilters’ Guild

General Meeting Minutes

March 5, 2019

 President Kim Ayers opened the meeting at 10 AM with a reminder to turn cell phones either off or on silent.  Three new members joined.  Regarding food items brought in for the food bank, Kim asked that no food past its expiration date be donated.  Mary Ann Perry, food bank liaison, has been sick and Bonnie Davidson volunteered to take on that position.

 VP Report – Dianne Olsen reported that Melinda Fulkerson was today’s speaker.  April will be Diane Knott.  We needed 20 people for Diane’s workshop following the April meeting at a cost of $30 for the class plus $22 for Diane’s book.  As of the close of the meeting there were only 9 people signed up.  Therefore, there will be no workshop.  In May, Doreen Clink will talk about prepping your quilts for a longarm quilter.  June will be Tammy Silvers.  Barbara Means won the door prize drawing.

 Meeting Minutes:  Kim asked for approval of the February minutes as posted in the newsletter.  A motion was made and seconded and members approved the minutes.
 
Treasurer’s Report:  Sue  reported as of 02/28/19 balances 

Committee reports of note:

Awards – Barb  reported that 39 quilts were shown last month, 2 quilt tops, and 4 special project items. 


Birthday Club – Kim announced 13 birthdays in March.  


BOM – Emily Gail said there will be no meeting in March.  The next project selected is called Eat Slowly on page 36 of the book. 
Community Service – Carolyn thanked everyone who came out for the February Community Service Day.  April 30 will be the next one.  Thus far, 30 quilts and 254 pillowcases have been turned in.  Disney themed pillowcases for the CHOA summer camp will be needed by early May but can also be donated year-round.  Carolyn asked members to hold off donating fabric for a few months as we have had some large donations.  Some fabric will be donated to Re-Loom.


Door Prizes – Karen /Sue said today’s door prizes came from Tiny Stitches plus there were a few donated items.  They plan to go to Thread Bare in Cumming to purchase next month’s items.


Newsletter – Daryl said Jacque gave her a list of members who had not renewed and there were some Red Top attendees on the list.  The Guild will look into those members.  Please submit articles for the next newsletter by March 22. 


Red Top 2019 – Barb said attendees may come to set up no earlier than 2 PM next Monday.  The food will be catered and the menu will be emailed to attendees.  Pat said she is pulling rotating groups of 4 people from the large shelter and 3 people from the small shelter to handle clean up after meals. 


Special Projects –Suzie and Glenna announced the March special project will be steno book covers.  The directions will be sent out in an email.


Thursday Sew-In – Kathy said there were 25 people at the February sew-in, partly because special project attendees shared the timeslot.  March 21 is the next sew-in.


Website – Kim Ayers will add special projects to the website, along with the March schedule.  At some point the website will go down during turnover to the new Go Daddy program.

Kim requested 4 helpers for Show-N-Tell.  Following a short break, Melinda Fulkerson took us on her quilt journey. 

 Door prizes were drawn. 

The meeting adjourned at 11:50 AM followed by a prayer circle and pot luck luncheon.
 
Respectfully submitted,

Bonnie Davidson on behalf of Sue Lane