Allatoona Quilters’ Guild
General Meeting Minutes
Aug 6, 2019
President Kim Ayers opened the meeting at 10 am. Kids are back to school which is nice, except for the traffic. If you come down Lake Acworth Drive from Hwy 41, be aware, they are starting to widen the road which will make the traffic even more troublesome.
• Sue Z will be taking a leave from the treasurer position to take care of her mom, and Jan W has volunteered to step up and fill in that position while Sue
is out of town. Kim, as the president, appointed her to this position.
• Donated fabric is from Marty Holloway. Marty found us on our website and called so we were the recipients of great amounts of fabric and patterns, rulers, batting, etc. Kim told her that we would use some of this fabric for community service.
• Fabric exchange has been discontinued. What was turned in last month was returned.
• Next Executive Board meeting Aug. 20.
Vice President Dianne O is not here so on her behalf: Oct. Daryl M is speaking on borders; Nov. Men of Quilting Quilts will be shown. For the Christmas bag exchange, Kim has some soft & stable to give from the donated material.
Meeting Minutes: Kim asked for approval of the July minutes as posted in the newsletter, a motion was made and seconded. All members agreed.
Treasurer’s Report: Sue Z reported as of 8/6/19
• Birthday Club: We sang to August birthday members.
• BOM: Emily Gail - Tuesday Aug 13 we’ll be working on the Log Cabin.
• Community Service: Carolyn - 74 quilts and 550+ pillow cases. We need some more quilts please, with all of the fabric that has been donated. Next CS day
is Oct 29th.
• Door Prizes: Sue T - Very nice door prizes form Tiny Stitches.
• Hostesses: Roxanne S and Pat T – Please, we need help in the kitchen. There are plenty of us to take turns, so would you please sign up to help.
Next month is Italian.
• Membership: Jacque H - We have one guest, Miss Mary P, who joined today which makes us 101 members strong. We are collecting next year’s
membership dues (Nov) and retreat money; these need to be two separate checks.
• Newsletter: Daryl M - is going to put together a program committee so we can find speakers for the next year and the following year. She is looking for 4 or 5 people that can meet every so often. If you have someone you would like to hear, please give her the name and contact information.
• Red Top 2020: Sue Z with Barb L reminded us the dates are March 10-13 with set up on the 9th. “Red Top Goes to the Woods” is the Theme. We will be doing the Curvy Log Cabin/Log Cabin Quilt pattern. You can buy a book, but you can download patterns free off of Pinterest as well. A list of places to find patterns was sent out. The first payment is due now and final payment is Jan 7, 2020 (corrected 9/3/19). Must be a 2020 paid member to attend.
• Special Projects: Suzie C and Glenna M showed the August special project,they are cute placemats that can be made in 3 different ways. Aug 27
• Sunshine Club: Ruth M - A thank you card and continued prayers for Karen. Huguette said thank you for the prayers, cards, and well wishes during her time of need.
• Thursday Sew-in: Kathy Z - Last month we only had 3 people and that included her. Please come out and sew, we have a good time. Aug 15.
• Program: Kim requested 4 helpers for Show and Tell. A number of Red Top projects were shown. Everyone did a great job!
Blessing and adjourned for lunch.