Supplies Needed for Retreat
NEW FOR 2018:
No one will be allowed to wash their dishes or put food in the refrigerators. People should bring disposable plates and utensils or plan to take their dishes home to wash. Bring your own cooler if you need to refrigerate anything.
· Power: Electrical cords and foot pedals for sewing machine, heavy duty long extension cord, surge protector, etc. You might want to attach a tag with your name on it.
· Sewing supplies: sewing machine, manual, foot pedal, thread, pins, scissors, rulers, seam ripper, rotary cutter and rulers.
· Cutting stations will be set up, but you might want to bring your own, the swivel mat is very handy if you have one.
· NO IRONS! Stations will be set up. The electrical system at the shelter cannot handle more.
· Design wall if you want one, flannel backed tablecloth works well. NO tape will be allowed on the walls, doors or windows. Only Command Strips by 3M can be used to hang your design wall. Use Bullnose clips to clip to your flannel and then hang that on the Command Strip hook. Or cut slits or sew grommets into your flannel to hang directly onto the Command Strip hook.
· Duct tape (bright color) to use on floor for securing cords.
· If each person brings their own little trash bag for their table, that would lessen the clean up we need to do on Friday. Even a simple brown paper lunch bag taped beside you will help to keep threads and trimmings off the floor. You could also pack your stuff in a small wastebasket or bucket, then have it to use for trash.
· Bring your own chair or at least a cushion for the chairs that are provided. Your body will thank you. Consider bringing a small plastic folding table if you have one as an extra; you can set your sewing machine on it or use it for cutting. A rolling cart or a small dolly is very helpful for loading and unloading your supplies.
· Dress in layers. It may be hot, cold or 'just right' in the shelter.
· Parking pass: Each car must have a parking pass for each day. You can obtain them from the visitor's center first thing on Tuesday before coming to the Group Shelter #2. Last year there was also a little kiosk just outside our shelter where you could pay each day. Local libraries have limited weekly passes for Georgia State Parks, which includes parking, that can be requested on the Monday before the retreat.
· Bring your own table setting for lunch and dinner: disposable plates, a bowl, cups with lids, silverware, and napkins.
· Bring one dessert or snack to share (NOT one per day, only one for the entire retreat)
· Magazine exchange - bring magazines you don't want … to swap for some you do.
· Bring a flashlight to get back and forth to the bathroom and your car. It is DARK out there at night!
· On Thursday, Jim Warf from Decherd Needleworks in Tennessee may be there with great prices on fat quarters, fabric, etc. Don't forget cash, checks, in case he can't get a signal for credit cards!
· Entertainment: the info on games will be sent in another email as well as in the newsletter.
RED TOP MOUNTAIN RETREAT 2018
MARCH 13, 2018 – MARCH 16, 2018
Group Shelter # 2
The AQG Retreat for 2018 will be held at Red Top Mountain. Our retreat is 4 days (shelter will be open from 8:30 am – 9 pm) of sewing, eating, talking, and having fun with your fellow guild members. Lunch and dinner are provided – and we also bring one snack or dessert per person to share for the 4 days. Our theme for the year will be “Friends, Food, Fabric & Fun." Our feature quilt will be the “Blooming Nine-Patch” quilt pattern. As always...it is NOT a requirement, but your option. You may decide to work on the project OR work on your own projects.
Cost of the retreat is $125 for members. We will start collecting monies in August – you may pay one half now and the balance by the January General Meeting or we will accept full payment at any time! There will be NO REFUNDS after January 2, 2018 unless you can find a member to replace you. AQG dues for 2018 must be current in January. If you have any questions, please contact Barb Levan, email@example.com. We hope to see you there!!